Unlike buying, selling a car is not a very joyful journey. Getting the right price and the right buyer are two most critical aspects of selling any car. With the beginning of the new year, this, right now, is the best time to sell your luxury car and get the best value out for your deal.
However, you have to be very mindful of how you want to sell your exotic luxury car. If you decide to sell your luxury car by yourself, you really must know what you are doing. Selling your car privately may sometimes get you a higher price than expected, but that does not eliminate the amount of work you need to do to get yourself prepared for the sale.
Here is a list of things you must do in order to sell your car:
- Know your car’s worth: Firstly, you need to get a valuation of your car done, preferably through experts. This will help you get an idea of what it is worth. Additionally, getting a valuation done might help you find out if your car needs some fixing. These repairs may lead to a better price for your car. Moreover, you can decide what price to quote for your product.
- Advertise: Make a list of all the advertising material you need. Take pictures of your car. Prepare an extensive description. It is also important to include the make and model, the year, the colour, the mileage and all other details you can remember. You would have to decide your budget for advertising as well.
- Meetings with prospective buyers: If people show interest in your car, you need to meet the prospective buyers personally and take them for test drives as well. You have to be prepared to answer the many questions they might have about your car. You can be sure that the potential buyers are familiar with high-end automobiles.
- Finalising the deal: Once you’ve found a buyer, prepare yourself for the long and tiring documentation process of sale and transfer of ownership. You also need to confirm that the payment has been cleared before you transfer the title, since fake or fraudulent checks are easy to forge. So, whenever you suspect fraud, make sure to contact the buyer’s bank.
Looks tiresome? Don’t you worry! There is an easier way out of it. To save you the trouble of going through all the hassle, we are here to provide you with the one-stop solution needed to sell your car. Depending on what you want, you can either sell your car for the right price or even trade in your old luxury car with a new one. Let’s get started with the two ways:
SELLING THROUGH THE ‘PARK AND SELL’ MODEL: A ‘Park and Sell’ model is one of the options of selling your darling lux. In this kind of sale, you would be handing over your vehicle to your trusted dealership and they will keep it on the floor for sale. Once your car is sold, you will receive your money from the dealership.
The benefits of this option are numerous. To begin with, no potential buyers are randomly dropping by your house and you are not meeting strangers. In addition, the dealership might be able to assist the buyer in obtaining financing. Privately selling it yourself would require an electronic funds transfer or an insured bank check – but those are indeed risky. You can appeal to a wider market when you sell your vehicle through this method as the dealership handles the advertising. Here are the steps to be taken to sell your luxury car via this model:
- Find a reputable and authorised dealer: First things first, do your research to find out good brand authorised dealerships. Once you have chosen the one you trust, give them your details and relax.
- Let the dealership examine your car: The dealership will contact you if they are interested in selling your car. Set up a meeting and let them examine your luxury car.
- Setting a fair price: Once the dealership is satisfied with your car’s condition, they will get its valuation done for you. Set up a fair price for your car with them.
- Waiting for the right buyer: The dealership will help you list your car and you do not have to worry about advertising. They will help you filter potential buyers and do the needful.
- Finalising the sale: Once a buyer is ready, you have to proceed with the documentation. The transfer of your car to a new owner requires a lot of paperwork. However, with this option, the dealer will assist you with all of that and help you facilitate the sale without causing any mistrust or uncertainty during the transfer of ownership.
To drive your way through the whole process hassle-free, you can simply visit www.motozite.com
TRADE-IN: Trade-in is an option that is very popular with people who are looking to upgrade their luxury cars with a new one and elevate their lifestyle, in turn. The trade-in process will enable you to free up a large chunk of money, so you can purchase another vehicle from the same dealer in exchange for your old luxury car. In a trade-in situation, the dealership puts your trade-in value toward a brand-new vehicle that you are willing to buy. You can get a lot of benefits and perks when you decide to trade your luxury car in. Trading your car to a dealership is very easy and requires little effort. That can be an important factor when choosing the trade-in option. In addition, there is a straightforward and convenient process:
- Do your research: You have to do your homework on researching the available brand authorised dealerships. Furthermore, you should know the price range of luxury cars similar to yours. Consult the dealers for an estimate of your trade-in based on the details you provide.
- Contact the dealership: The next step is simply to contact the dealership that you have selected. The dealership of your choice will do your car’s valuation and offer you their quotation. Here, at www.motozite.com, we strive to offer you the best deals for your trade-in.
- Select your new lux: Decide on a new luxury car with which you want to upgrade. Your dealership will provide you with a wide range of cars for you to select from. With us having your back, you will not have to worry about that one bit.
- Seal the deal: Settle the costs with your dealer, complete the documentation required and voilà: you are done! Bring home your new luxury car and step into luxury.
The dealer will likely coordinate with you to transfer the vehicle title, register the car on your behalf and make the entire process simpler for you. Most of the time, you do not have to be concerned about your vehicle’s current condition as in the case of a private sale, since all the maintenance, cosmetic repairs and replacement parts will be handled by the dealer’s authorised service centre. You would receive an estimate for trade-in value that accounts for this added work, and the trade-in money you receive while exchanging your vehicle at the dealership can be used as a down payment on the new vehicle. Although there is no ‘one best way’ and every option has its own pros and cons, it is highly recommended to sell your car through luxury brand authorised dealerships for the many perks they offer.